- Does your child have habits that he finds difficult to stop doing--even though he tries hard to stop?
- Does he have twitches with his eyes or regularly jerks his neck, head or other body parts?
- Does he make strange bark-like sounds periodically?
- Is he impulsive (he finds it hard to control himself or forsee the unfavorable outcome of his actions?
- Does he have obsessive compulsive tendencies (spitting excessively, smelling objects, touching objects?
- Is he belligerent and more difficult to manage than your other children?
- Does he have a few learning problems in school?
- Is it difficult for him to focus and pay attention?
Have you ever hears of Tourettes Syndrome? If your child has many or all of the symptoms above, you might find this link interesting and informative. If you need more information on Tourettes syndrome, please feel comfortable contacting Grandma Jeddah. She has experience managing children with TS that might be helpful,insha'Allah.
Grandma Jeddah is the mother of 11 children and 15 grandchildren. She has taught hundreds of students for over 30 years at an Islamic school in Los Angeles, California.She is the author of, Discipline without Disrespecting: Discover the Hidden Secrets of How to Effectively Discipline Your Muslim Child--And Keep Your Peace of Mind while at It. Order her e-book or Subscribe to her free newsletter at --http://shop.grandmajeddah.com/ and http://www.grandmajeddah.com/subscribe-page.html