Friday, November 22, 2019

Stay Home or Work (Retrieved from "Little Muslims"

Stay Home or Work
This article was retrieved From Little Muslims
A mother emailed in a question. She is considering pursuing a PhD as the opportunity presented itself, yet she has a toddler. What to do?
I apologize for the tardiness of this reply. Last few months our life has taken a beautiful new turn with the arrival of Baby Ali. But as promised, here is my two cents.
I was still doing my PhD when we had our first child, Yasmin. Compared to other professions, where the mother has to go to work full-time or has overtime commitments, doing a PhD with a child is easy-ier.
Having said that, compared to not having any other work or study-related commitments, having a child while doing a PhD is hard-er.
What I mean is this: I regret not being able to enjoy my first-born as I could have because I was constantly worried about my PhD. I believe that if we choose to be a receiver of these little blessings, we ought to prioritize them before anything else.


http://thelittlemuslims.com/parenting-question-on-pursuing-a-phd-or-working/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Assalamu Alaikum,
We welcome your comments, suggestions, and questions. Jazakalakhair for visiting us.

Grandma Jeddah

Parenting and Discipline e-Books

You can enjoy reading your parenting e-books by   making payment to Al-Madinah School. Please go to their Home page and click on the donatio...